The functions of Human Resource Development Centre will be to plan, organize, implement, monitor and evaluate orientation courses for newly appointed college/university lecturers within the jurisdiction of one or more universities in a State. The HRDC will also organizeRefresher Courses for serving teachers, and orientation programmes for Senior Administrators and Heads of Departments, Principals, Offieres etc. in the Philosophy of orientation and changed management system. Specifically Human Resource Development Centre will:
- Formulate a programme of orientation along the broad guidelines and syllabus consisting of four components.
- Identify resource persons in the various fields of specialization for running the orientation course, and familiarize such resource persons with the philosophy and guidelines for the courses. The list of resource persons should be approved by the Chairman of the Advisory Committee of HRDC.
- Set up documentation centre-cum-library for reference and source materials necessary for the courses.
- Produce specially designed materials required for effective implementation of the courses.
- Organize, monitor and evaluate courses for teachers
- To create a culture of learning and self-improvement among teachers so that it becomes an integral part of the educational system at the tertiary level.
- Organise orientation programmes for Heads of Departments, Principals, Deans and other decision markers to familiarize them with the philosophy of orientation, in order to enable these senior educational administrators to understand their new roles as supervisors, and to facilitate the reform in higher education through appropriate modification of the management systems at various levels.